Shocked through power button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
I go to turn on my computer, and I get a shock through my finger that was touching the power button. Should I be worried? Did said discharge go to my mobo of PSU? My case, BTW, is an Aspire X-Dreamer II, pics of which can be found here
Thanks.

If it was a minor static shock and your machine can still boot, no big deal. If it was a shock from the machine you'll need to unplug everything and check it over for electrical defects.

If you touched the button and got shocked, its likley the former. If you touched the button, pressed it, and then got shocked, its likley the latter.

Yeah, it was a very noticiable and unmistakable one, but before I hit the button (I hit it immediatly afterward though). I am posting from this machine now. What do you mean "electrical defects"? Shorts and the visible stuff (wires as opposed to components on the boards)?

like black marks, or somethign liek that on the boards and mobo. oyu know it could have been static electricity. i know one time i was shocked real bad from touching my mouse but it was only static.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom