Setting up Multiple Monitors via one PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelsex

Beta member
Hello all,

I run a warehouse and I'm looking for the best way to accomplish being able to set up mutiple monitors in the warehouse that is connected to one PC. From this main PC I want to develop a program that will show a differant window on each of the monitors in the warehouse. These monitors could be up to 100 feet away from the main PC.

Can anyone give me an idea of how to accomplish this task the cheapest way?

I'm looking the ability of being able to connect each of these monitors and stretch the desktop of the PC across multiple monitors and program it that way. This seems to be the cheapest way so I don't have to buy 3 computers to put at each area. The only downside I see to this is, how do I get the cable to connect 100+ feet and what is the reliability of that?

So I just want to know if this is the best way and how it can be done easily and cheap. If this isn't the best way anyone have a better idea?

Thanks for your time!

correct me if i'm wrong but im not so sure a video cable could run 100ft without some sort of signal amplifire..........

and how many monitors are you conecting to?

I would need 4 monitors total, 1 being at the terminal and being the main monitor, and 3 connecting from random places in the warehouse to the terminal.

I'm not too big of a hardware guy as I mostly deal with software programming. So I don't really have a clue when it comes to what can and can't be done in this aspect.

Now here is another scenario.

Is there any way to get a monitor connected via network cable to our network and the main PC handling what the monitors display? Without there actually being another computer attatched to the monitor. Sounds kind of out there, but seems like someone should have invented a process.

If all else fails... What would be my best bet if I had to have a pc at each terminal but I wanted it so limited that all it needs to run is Windows XP, and a program I develop that can connect to the database on our network and display information from it with a user interface. There would be no need for anything else. Anyone know where to buy really cheap computers that would be perfect for this process?

Thanks.

you need Long long ........S-Video cables (which costs a great deal of amount) for that and all PC's should have a Graphic Acceleration Card or A Video Card such as NVIDIA GEFORCE 7800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom