Setting up 2 raid arrays

Status
Not open for further replies.

huckknows

Beta member
Here is what i want to do. Take my computer and set up 2 raid arrays. One with 2 120gb, in raid 1 for my os and applications, the other 2 300gb in raid 0.

Mobo - Asus KT800 Deluxe
2 120GB Seagate Barracuda SATA
2 300GB Maxtor Diamond Max 10 SATA

Now, the KT800 has two different raid controllers. First there is the Promise R20378 Raid controller. This is what I originally had my 2 120 GB drives on. Now I want to keep these on there for Raid 1, I will want to install my OS on there, and all of my applications.

The second Sata ports are controlled by the Southbridge controller. This has the VIA VT8237 controller. This I want to use for the 2 300gb drives for media.

I created the arrays, and I hooked all of the drives up, however when i go into windows xp setup, it stops before the setup and says, "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer." I am not sure how to fix this problem, I tried installing the scsi drivers by hitting F6, using the floppy, however it does not recognize any of the drives.

What do you think the problem is and how will I be able to rectify this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom