Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Yep, different from PCs, but I couldnt find/think any other section that this would fit into.

So basicly I am looking to buy or rent a dedicated server for my clan's gaming. Looking to host many servers spread across different games.

I am wondering if you know of any good cheap servers to buy, from any manufacturer. If you could supply a website URL , that would be great.

Also, if you know where I can rent a dedicated server for a good price, appreciate if you gave any website URLS - Preferably Europe based, but US is still alright.

If we buy a server, we would need a server that we could stick in rackspace to get a fast connection for our games.

Thanks for your help btw.

If you need a server for your clan's gaming, you don't want to buy a computer. Because then you'd have to learn about using all this complicated software and pay for a really fast connection, and you'd be spending hours configurating it and it would be a constant hassle.

I run the most popular Enemy Territory server in the world right now, the IP address is 63.215.74.225, and I use http://www.gameservers.com as a hosting provider. All you have to do is pay them, and tell them what game, and you get FTP access to the server to config it, or you can be a noob and ask them to but it's really not that hard.

What game are you guys playing? If its an ID based game I can probably help you if you need it.

For a 40 slot server and a clan website, it costs me $62 a month.
Start asking for donations. :p

But, if you are more experienced and have LOTS of money, we can help you build one that will serve you well. A dual Opteron 275 system with 4gb of ram should be able to host around 6 or 8 40 slot servers and a website no problem. Gimme a holler if thats what you want, but keep in mind that you'd need a really really fast connection. I'm not talking cable or DSL, you'd need at least 100mbits per second, a T1 is 1.54mbits just for comparison. You'd be looking at spending like $2500 a month just on the connection, not to mention the $3000 for the server build.

Well, we dont have lots of money, although we are discussing the situation of being resellers.

We have found a europe based dedicated server company with prices that are very good. We are just wondering how many servers we would be able to hold??

So, if you have any idea.

2000GB bandwidth per month.
1 GB ram.
2x 160GB SATA in Raid 1
Dual core intel processor 805.
100mb connection

So, taking out bandwidth as a limit.

1- How many CS:S servers would you think we would be able to hold?

2- How many Cod2 servers?

Rough estimate?

Cheers

It depends on how many players you want in them, let me know that and I'll make an estimate. Although your RAM is limiting you to probably like 4 at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom