Server Generates a blue screen and restarts itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discusman

In Runtime
I have an old PII 400 Mhz, 256 MB ram computer and currently I am using it as a web server.

The box has some hardware device problems such as a broken onboard audio device (soundcard), video display device which it wouldn't start even I updated its driver several times.

Now the computer displays a blue sceen with all those error description such as "dumping physical memory to prevent damage to your computer...... reinstall hardware or software to fix the problem.......

tefee.sys.... etc..
Then the countdown at the buttom of the screen, at last the computer restarts itself.

This problem occur whenever user submit a message in the forum or uploads a file to my server. Sometimes I can't even upload a relative large file (anything greater than 1 mb in size) to my own server.

My website is written in ASP with Access database attached to the end. The code is fine because I have used them on my other computer.

Current Operating System:
Windows 2003 Server

In the event viewer under Adminstrative Tool folder, I found
the following error log whenever the problem occurs:

Source: System Error
Category: 102
EventID: 1003

Is this problem really causing by a hardware issue? If yes, I would have to buy a new Dell server.
I do not want to waste the money if I dygnostic the problem incorrectly.

Could this also caused by internet connection or speed? I am using earthlink broadband (cable modem). But there are about seven computer connected to taht cable modem box.

I really do not certain about the cause of this problem.

Please provide comment, experts. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom