----------------------
Windows XP HOME SP2
ABIT KV7 MOtherboard
AMD ATHLON 3000+
Radeon 9600 256MB DDR (128-bit)
512MB PC3200 FSB400 RAM
Thermaltake 11 Heatsink
Maxtor 80GB Harddisk 7200/133
Alien Custom Case Black (http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.asp?Name=Alien+Custom+Case+black)
---------------------------
Whats Happening
When playing games my pc will either:
Monitor will turn itself on standby, have to restart my pc
Pc will restart automatically
Game will encounter a problem and I have to close eg. 'codmp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconveniance'
Game will freeze, have to restart pc

What i have tried to try and fix this
Update Windows
Update/downgrade BIOS
update/downgrade Sound Drivers
update/downgrade Graphic Drivers
lower AGP speed from 8X to 4X
Turn fast write on and off
Lower hardware acceleration
Bought Completely new Moniter, to see if it was moniter problem
open boths sides of case, to see if it was a heating problem, even with this my case temp goes to 40-55 degrees, and my CPU goes to 29-45 degrees (according to motherboard moniter 5)

Via BIOS
Change CPU, to 2200,2500,2600,2800,3200,3000 (when I try to change to 3000(400) which is the correct CPU setting, my monitor will go on standby. Even when I restart I cant get it back, I have to restart CMOS which means I can actually set my CPU to its correct settings
changed RAM clock to byspd, 133,200 ETC

There are some others I think though I cant remember

Also when I watch something, like on media player or power DVD, sometimes my pc will reboot, though this happens rarely

About 2 hours ago my PC rebooted itself while I was writing this, I only had notepad running, 1st time this has happened
About 1 hour ago my Pc rebooted immediatly when I got on desktop, 1st time this has happened

Also, my heatsink is on max 'fanning'....its going as fast as it can

Motherboard is defiantly the first thing I would blame

It cant reach the approperiate CPU clockspeeds, what is your FSB (frontside bus, or just bus) running at in windows, check with cpu-z from cpuid.com

Monitor off, caused by the mobo dropping the connection to the video card

Game errors, caused by the mobo acting up in any way

Restarts, mobo handles power management

Bad RAM wont cause those problems, only other thing I can think of is an overheating CPU or bad power supply, Power Supply is semi likely.

It appears to be a rebranded RAIDMAX case, so their's a very good chance it's the power supply. Even if the power supply isnt currently causing problems, I would expect it to cause them in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom