Serious Computer problems!!!!help pLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold123

Baseband Member
Ever since i purchased my new AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2ghz processor, a-bit nf7-s2g mobo, and 768mb of ddr400 pc3200 RAM, my computer constantly locks up, and i can only move the mouse, cannot contol alt delete etc. Im only running the processor at 1.83 mhz because when i turn the FSB up to 200, which it is supposed to be at, i get a blue screen after windows xp loads up right before the login screen should appear. Any help on any of these problems would be wonderful. PLEASE HELP!!!

Another thing, if anyone who thinks they know how to fix any of these problems has an AIM name, i would appreciate talking over there, much quicker/conveniant. Please send me a message at NobodyLikesMe352 if you have advice.

Personally I think it's the motherboard... probably defective... If you purchased it from a local shop see if they can test your CPU and Mobo see if either is not functioning right.

The motherboard would be the obvious problem. However, some other things to consider:

Temperature of the processor - overheating could cause some unpredictable crashing, although it is more likely the computer would shut off or something.

Is the RAM damaged? - RAM that may be defective could cause unpredictable crashing.

The fact that your computer is crashing withuot having much software installed makes it likely that the problem is with the hardware. I guess you could make sure that you're running the most current drivers for all your components, including the system board, but I don't know if drivers would fix a problem like that.

As the above mentioned, if you can take your system board and processor to someone to test, that could be useful, although a pain and may cost some $.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom