Selecting this video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Baseband Member
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=161766&Tab=5&NoMapp=0

Tiggerdirect has a deal on a
PNY GeForce4 MX440 Video Card / 64MB / AGP 8X / TV Out
after sale and rebate it's $30.

Is Verto a model mane or company that makes this card using PNY and Gforce parts?

I need to replace some old 16 & 32mb video cards and this should work well for one of them. No gaming just kids education software, homwork and internet etc.

Any input would be helpful
thanx

I've read a few reviews on this card. They were all unhappy. However, i think they bought them for gaming. If you're just using it for Home work an stuff, it's probably a good card.

Why the upgrade if all you're doin' is homework and internet?

Don't know about the Verto thing.

I agree; the upgrade doesn't seem very sensible since you're not using it for anything but children's education software and homework. However, if you're convinced that you need an upgrade, I would say to just spring for the $30 and return it if need be.

At this time the card is actually in my main comp (athalon 1800, winxp) and I've been having banshee driver problems and besides lock--ups my screen would completely shut down. The card is on it's last legs and I could use it in the any of the other 2- 3 comps I can scrap together for the kids with the spare parts I have. That seemed like a great price for any card.

Before I pushed the buy button I checked out a surplus/recycle parts place out here (that just charged a lot of $ for old stuff) and one other mom/pop computer shop. I ended up getting a new Asus V7100 pro 64 MX400, optical mouse and round IDE cables for the same or less than online and still w/o sales tax, shipping or waiting a week and still having to send in an 8 week rebate.

It doesn't seem they sell simple video cards anymore but in any case my screens come alive faster, look better and when I have my stock charts and some 12 other pages open it runs smoother...no, a lot smoother. I just hope converting video works ok when I get back to that.

Thanx for the input:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom