Seeking Recovery God (dess)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPB

Beta member
Ok this is VERY embarrassing but here goes..I am currently looking after a site for somebody. He uses an external Maxtor HD (usb) to transfer pertinent data before rebuilding. The guy who's laptop I was wiping did not want any of his files saved, but I figured I'd save his pst files and such so I saved them to the external HD.. A few hours after saving his files, I started rebuilding. The site I am usually at has 2 HD's so, being a creature of habit (and a bit of an idiot :), during setup - I deleted both partitions (of course one being the External). My finger had just touched "L" and I knew what I had done (DOH!)
...Anyhow, although I am almost positive it did not contained critical data & it was only used to transfer data, I broke it so now I must fix it - I know that it can be recovered but most of my prob is that the site is crazy busy & I dont have any extra time to troubleshoot..so I am calling all recovery gurus here.

It is a maxtor (sorry, I have searched for the model on Maxtor, but I could not find - I have: G60BMD6E as model??)

The external is FAT32 and I would like to recover from the 2000 machine that I am building. He has Partition Magic 7.1 but I have not used it much - so I am hoping there is a recover or if somebody can point me to a tool.
...be gentle with me..we all make mistakes :)
TIA,
TPB

easy recovery pro.

works on fat32 and ntfs.

Also works on local or remotely on network drives.

As far as getting it, well I havent looked to close at the rules here, but im sure i would get in trouble mentioning a location to download it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom