Seagate to acquiring Maxtor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
I wouldn't mind making my next HD a seagate one, but the last time I checked a WD 200gb HD was like $90 at newegg and the seagate was $105 or so

The Seagate 250G SATA are $104.50
The WD Caviar 250G SATA are $99.00

Seagate offers a 5 year warranty
Western Digital offers 3 years.

I'm sure it won't be long before WD offers 5 years also.

But, either Seagate or WD is an excellent choice.
I just stick with Seagate because i've probably purchased close to about 50 or so SATA drives or the last 2 years, 120G, 160G, 200G, 250G, 300G and out of every drive i've purchased, so far only (1) drive needed to be RMA'd due to a mechanical malfunction. They returned me a brand new drive in 2 days... IN that 2 year's not one of my clients has had a HDD issue. Well, one did. But that's because he put his 10" Subwoofer flush up against his case. Why? I have no freakin' clue. The drive was never able to retain data on it again...

But, that was his fault anyway... lol dumbie...

The Seagate 250G SATA are $104.50
The WD Caviar 250G SATA are $99.00
Whoa, 250gb? Where'd you see that? I just checked newegg not to long ago and that's basically the price of the 200gb

The drive was never able to retain data on it again...
lol I'd assume so with that powerfull *** electromagnet thumping right next to it :p

i have never had a drive from them but samsung has had it bad with there deskstar series.
i have maxtor, seagate and western digital in my comp and guess which one is dying the western digital go figure. but my seagate is nice and quiet.

that's what the DVD burner with 50 disks and 5 dual layer disks is for. It's taken every effort not to buy another drive :p

I had 30gb left on my 200gb the other day when I bought my burner...6 days later I had 9gb left lol....I just burned about 8gb last night though.

I've probably filled up well over 500gb but I always delete a lot of shows...atleast once a week I gotta delete something. I think I was averaging around 3gb+ a day lol....muchless now that my computer is in my room and has been on for the last 3 days straight :p

Nubius said:
Whoa, 250gb? Where'd you see that? I just checked newegg not to long ago and that's basically the price of the 200gb

lol I'd assume so with that powerfull *** electromagnet thumping right next to it :p

Yeah, it's one newegg.com. I can get them actually for under $89.99 directly from Seagate, i'm a registered member of there OEM Builder / Seagate Partnership Program. The only catch is I need to buy 100 Units or more to get this price.

I'd have to get a lot busier in my business to invest $9000 in HDD's. But, it's an excellent option to have.

To get this deal you have to apply with Seagate and provide proof of a legit business with Company Tax ID # and some other information. You also need to verify a business account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom