Scythe Musashi Pull Vs. Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzmxer608

Fully Optimized
On the Scythe Musashi GPU heatsink (Scythe USA-Product: VGA Cooler) the two fans are pushing air towards the card. I've been wondering how effective it would be if I flipped them to be pulling the air. The only problem I can see is the vram might not be cooled as good. What do you guys think?

I think it would move less air. Since there's a lot more open space and cooler air on the outside of the card then there is on the card itself. So it would have less air to move, and less airflow = less cooling.

If that makes sense :/ Tonight is not a good explaining night, my 4 game loosing streak on AOEIII is probably the cause.

Indeed, push > pull

Just look up a few reviews on push/pull setups. Heck, do a few tests yourself and post up the resulting differences in idle/load temps. Always good to get your own data :)

I agree with the above. The fans will push cool air into your heatsink, the hot air will come out of the sides, pushing hot air to the case back fan.

I'll just leave them in push then. The fan on my sidepanel seems to do a pretty good job of exhausting the air that comes from the sink. I was thinking it might be more efficient to have the air pulled then exhausted out the bottom so no airflows would be conflicting, but I thought wrong ;). Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom