scsi and ssd questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
Just a few questions about hdd's, I'm thinking about in the future getting some good hdd's and maybe trying out raid.(by good , fast)

1.) can scsi hdd's be put in raid some how?
2.) what store can i buy scsi's and ssd's from for Canada?
3.) can ssd's be put in raid?
4.) do ssd's need a controller card or can they be connected directly to the mobo

6.) is it really worth the cost for ssd's? the one i was looking at was $600 and was only a 32gb drive.

7.) how much faster would a ssd drive be then a scis drive?

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG MCBQE32G5MPP-0VA00 2.5" 32GB SATA II Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks

^^thats the ssd im looking at (is it any good for a ssd and does it merit the cost?)

NCIX.com - Buy Seagate Cheetah 15K.5 73GB 15000 RPM Ultra 320 SCSI 80PIN U320 Hard Drive - ST373455LC In Canada.

^^that's the scsi drive im looking at.

Yeah it's a lot of questions but i don't know much about this stuff lol. Any constructive in put is welcome :).

1) yes scsi can be put in raid.
2) I don't know - sorry.
3) Yes they can.
4) no unless your board dos not have free SATA ports or supports raid.
6) If you had a laptop an moved it around alot maybe or if you need speed for some aplication.
7) This can vary from SCSI drive to SSD.

SCSI although fast isn't worth it you would be better of sticking to SATA, SCSI is useful when in a server not that great in a desktop.

Yep, quite right, SCSI is only worth it for data centres and a SAS (SCSI RAID) array will set you back more than the cost of a new computer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom