SCSI Reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
anyone here know if SCSI (specifically, the hitachi/ibm one) Ultra320s are reliable?

scsi is EXTREMELLY reliable. one of the reasons (except speed) you pay through the nose for it (never understood that saying, but you get what i mean)

SCSI's are very reliable. The space between the reliability of scsi and the reliability of ATA is steadily decreasing, though. You can buy a good Seagate ATA HDD and have it last for years with no problems. (I can vouche for that a dozen times over.) I've had one Seagate 80gig drive for over six years, and it's still running great! After 3 moves, in and out of cases, power failures, being dropped once (at least, I think...) and deplorable in-box conditions, that lil' sucker is still going. It's got my MP3 file and email backups on it right now, at work.

scsi is very reliable. thats one reason they cost so much and are used primarily in servers.

yeah, but i wouldn't mind getting 2 15,000 RPM Ultra320s in RAID0 in my desktop (at least when the new pci comes out for AMD)

sithspawn said:
scsi is EXTREMELLY reliable. one of the reasons (except speed) you pay through the nose for it (never understood that saying, but you get what i mean)

hahah, no i dont get what you mean :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom