SCSI problem (related to connecting an MP3 player?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanE

Beta member
Would an SCSI problem cause my new MP3 player to not be recognized as being connected to my computer?

I just bought an MP3 player (Olympus m:robe), and the software it uses to connect the player to my computer does not recognize that the MP3 player is connected (via USB cable). The device manager recognizes it, but the software doesn't. I followed the connection instructions to the T.

Olympus won't help me, so I'm trying to figure this out on my own. All the hardware and software requirements are met, and I've gotten the software to recognize the m:robe on a different computer, so I assume the problem is with my own PC.

So here's my guess:

The device manager says that my SCSI/RAID host controller is not functioning properly. There is a code 42 error, which says that "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because there is a duplicate device already running in the system." I've never dealt with anything having to do with SCSI (didn't even know what it was until this), so hopefully someone can help.

Any help is appreciated. I'll post any specs you need to know if you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom