scroll mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurph

In Runtime
Hi
Have recenly installed XP and Outlook 2002 onto my folks PC, and my dad is giving me hell because his fancy Logitech scrolling mouse isn't scrolling at one particular point that he advises used to, previously had win95 and an older version of Outlook.
When sending a new email, and he opens up the contacts list the mouse scrolling function fails to work! Any ideas?

PS I have tested this with PCs at work with win XP and 2000 using Outlook 2002 and agree with him that it doesn't work, but can't prove that it did! Strange that the scroll function doesn't work here!!

it should scroll anywhere there is a bar.

sometimes you have to click in the area that you want to scroll. does it work for everything else?

thnx 4 reply....

Yes, it works everywhere else, it isn't a problem with the mouse.

Yes, click in the area where there is a bar there and it should work, but it doesn't!

It doesn't work on PCs at my work either, all now using XP and Outlook 2002.

IS IT A BUG IN OUTLOOK 2002?
AM INTERESTED IN RESOLVING THIS!

LOL....know what you mean re obsesses with the little things!!

But in fairness to my dad, at the location he mentioned using the mouse is the best option, as the window is small and unexpandable.

Do you mean driver for the mouse? I am using manufacturers driver purchased with it!

Bearing in mind I have noted the same problem at work on multiple PCs using different mice......surely this points to a bug in Outlook 2002?

have you tried and see if your mouse mfg have updated there drivers?

do you have office 2003? or officexp?

Will investigate updated drivers, but don't think this is the solution as it works elsewhere satisfactorily.

Not sure why you are asking if I have office 2003 or officexp?
Firstly the version of Outlook 2002 discussed was installed from Office XP discs. I use Outlook 2003 at work and it is significantly different and believe that this would not suit my father.
NOTE - Outlook 2003 doews not suffer from the problem suggested in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom