Screen shifted to the left - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Old 04-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Screen shifted to the left

I turned on my youtube playlist before going to lay down, and when I came back, my screen had magically shifted to the left on its own. In other words, I have a thick black strip on the right of my screen of approximately 2 inches.This also happened when I first got my monitor and I can't remember how I fixed it because the last time this happened was 2 or 3 years ago. The autoconfig feature doesn't place the screen to its original position, and the horizontal shift feature doesn't fill in my screen completely. I ran a dxdiag and all my drivers are up to date. My monitor is an Acer X223W.

My recommended resolution is 1680x1050. This problem will persist as long as the resolution is above 1440x900. However, I noticed the screen will shift to the right instead of the left if I use 1440x900 or 1366x768. But obviously if I use a resolution other than the recommended one, I'll get headaches for days, so we can't have that.

Any ideas?
noblemoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On