School Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
For my Tech in the Business class, I am suppose to start my own business. So I thought starting a computer store would be a pretty cool idea seeing as to how I want to do that in rael life also. I have everything finished, but I need to get my inventory. It would obviously be stupid to get my supply off Newegg or something. Does anyone know where I can find computer part lots? Thanks in advance!

-RockyZ

i'm sorry this might be a dumb question but whats wrong with getting the stuff off of newegg?

obviously NewEgg is not ideal
when you are in a business you want to cut the price of buying in for higher profit margin ( buy low -> sell high )
NewEgg is already a "middle man" when they get their stuff, they are already making money off of you
so RockyZ is trying to find either a wholesale vendor, where they charge even less than NewEgg or maybe just the manufacturers themselves!

going to the source (manufacturers) would be best if you wanted to get into ANY business but often you have to buy at LARGE quantities

Getting price quotes from manufactures would be pretty hard. My parents own a restaurant wholesale and the process of getting price quotes from manufactures is very long and they usually don't get it because they don't want to give the quotes to a small company that doesn't order a huge amount.

This is the site im using:
http://www.evertek.com/viewpart.asp?auto=29720&cpc=CLR

what you should think about is lean production/just in time

i do business and ICT and its a great comsept, you find a buyer, ask him whats he needs, sayyyy a new PC you design it, tell him how much itll be and he agrees, you build and send it to him and get it to him within a week =]

theres a HUGE adult market which are too baffed by computers to wanna buy them on the internet! they wanna talk to a sales person =] "my computers slow what do i do?" then you sell them a good + service, tell them they need ram, fit it in, charge them for instillation =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom