School project - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default School project

I have to make a project at school about anything. So im thinking about doing it about when i built my computer. It's called a multi-genre project, which meens i need as many different forms of writing as possible. Essays, articles, forum posts, emails, the list goes on. What I want to know is if you guys can help me find any articles or something that talk about the reasons why someone should build their, not really the steps. Any other forms of writing about building your own computer would be helpful too.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member (again)

Send a message via AIM to macdude425 Send a message via Yahoo to macdude425

Quote:
It is increasingly popular to build your own computer. In most cases, it saves money, and it guarantees you get what you want. It also assures you avoid proprietary designs many companies use to keep you coming to them for new parts. Best of all, having built the system yourself, you become very familiar with that system and with computers in general.
This is not dedicated to WHY you should build machine; rather, it's the intro to a building guide. You might have to pick and choose like this.

http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/

Debian Support Forums!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by macdude425
This is not dedicated to WHY you should build machine; rather, it's the intro to a building guide. You might have to pick and choose like this.

http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/
Mmm, as each of us runs over to Google and types "why to build a PC", that be the first link!

spartan1121, so these need to be articles / that type of thing? As in if a users here write up their own opinion in a meaningful way (IE: not just "because they're cheaper" or "better" etc.) - would that be helpful?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Well it's a multi-genre project, and im trying to find as many genres as i can. So articles, emails, forum posts, essays, and pretty much any form of writing. My subject is going to be about my computer, so im going to dig up some emails, and forum posts specifically about it, and over the progression of the build. But i would like a few articles about building.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Nevermind, im going with a different topic. I don't think i can get enough out of this, plus i found out that I have to write everything.