Scanner Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreckles

Beta member
I recently got an old Microtek 336CX PHANTOM parallel port scanner from a freind. I donÂ’t have the original power adaptor or the parallel data cable which came with the scanner. On the back panel of the scanner it says "12v 1amp" So I brought a power adaptor rating 12v 1amp. The parallel cable is a cable that says ZIP on the connectors.

When I switch the PC on the ready LED of the scanner flashes and lights up. But when I initiate a scan it greets me with error messages like "Scanning lamp or image sensor circuit failure". But if I shutdown the PC and reboot after about an hour, it scans ok. No errors at all. (well, scanned images are not perfect. :( they seem to have RGB horizontal lines. ) I can scan anything as long as I doesnÂ’t reboot. If I restart, the same error message pops up again.

First I supplied 12v's, but the place where U plugs the power cord to the scanner heats up like hell. So now I use 9v's. But both are the same, 12v and 9v both gives the restart error problem and the RGB line problem.

IÂ’m confused. :confused:
Need help soon.

I messed around with the power adapter and learned 12v's 1A some times actually reduse RGB lines dramatically in smaller images than 9V 1A (say 6"x6" - see the attached file). So maybe the problem resides on the power, more likly amps. :confused:

The microtek website support section says:
Symptoms : Horizontal Lines Existed on scan-out
Cause : Incorrect power adapter connected
Resolution : double check the power adapter you used:
15Vdc, 1.25A or 1.33A for SM-V6USL, SM3600, SM3700, SM3750i, SM4600 and SM4700.
12Vdc, 1.25A for C3, C6, SM3800, SM4800, SM4900 and SM5900.

The back panel of the scanner says 12V 1A, I tried to find the user manual for 336CX or SlimScanC3, on the net but no luck.

Will it melt if I use a 1.25A adapter ?
Can anybody give me the power requirements if U have a similar scanner ?

Hi,

I also have the Microtek C336CX scanner with original adapter. I got this also from a friend. Well now i want to use the scanner but I can't use it because it doesn't turn on. When i connect a different adapter it goes on, but i have lots of horizontal stripes.

The adapter is very light but undamaged.

Someone got any idea's about my problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom