Sayonara! My dear hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandacat

Beta member
Well, I geuss it is the time to say good-bye to you, my dear WD 40GB hard drive though we have been together for merely 2 years. I remember the first day I met you. You still in the format of FAT 32 . After 2 years I have gradually tired of your ugly Win 98 face. I hoped I can have a cool XP just like the others do. So I determined to have you a face-lift. Then I formated you to NTFS and began my XP dream, but what I got is "Can not copy file to the hard drive." while I started to install XP. (No matter with the new mother board or the old one.) I began to feel regret and try to turn you back to Win 98. Suddently I remembered that I can not install Win 98 in NTFS format. The most terrible thing is no matter how I tried. I can not turn you back to the FAT 32 format. It seems that is the end of your shortly life. I will memorize the days which we played ON LINE GAME together. May you rest in peace. Amen!

Can somebody save my hard drive! At least teach me how to turn the NTFS format back to FAT 32 . If he can make my hard drive revive, then he will be my God. (No matter is Jesus, Buddha or Allah)
:beard: :(

. . . and with that microbell parted the oceans and the sea. . .:) don't see why you would you get an error trying to format. what is the error message? how are you attempting this?

to elaborate his response, if you use a windows98 startup diskette you can use fdisk and delete "non-dos partition". re-create by selecting "create primary dos partition". . . . may you and your 40GB WD live happily ever after or until

A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:00002401 in VXD IFSMGR(04) + 0000D4F1.
The current application will be terminated.

:)

more info:
http://www.evozero.gamma.timdorr.com/computer-guides/basic_disks.htm

Thank you so much for the helping. With you two's guide. I finally can see the Canaan.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom