SATA vs IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragon

In Runtime
What is the difference between these 2? Im trying to decide which drive to get for a Abit IC7-G. What are the Pros and Cons of each?

unless your just looking for storage and not speed.. like i gota a 250gig EIDE cause it was a little cheaper, and no need for a little bit of extra speed just to store stuff.

Don't quote me here, but I've heard that current so-called "SATA" drives aren't really true SATA- they just use the SATA connection and aren't actually as fast as they're supposed to be... But like I say don't quote me on that :confused:

DoomUK said:
Don't quote me here, but I've heard that current so-called "SATA" drives aren't really true SATA- they just use the SATA connection and aren't actually as fast as they're supposed to be... But like I say don't quote me on that :confused:

Wait where the hell did you here that?

im also not shur on the specifics, but i think hes talking about how alot of mother bourds dont support Native Command Queuing for the SATA controller, i think the mother bourd needs to support SATA Native command queuing in order for it to runn at its full speed... remember im just as fuzzy on the subject as DoomUK though, id needa research to find facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom