SATA Raid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

astinmartin

Solid State Member
hey all i was wondering if i get a board with 4 serial ATA ports all on one silicon image chip can i run 3 hard drives in raid0 and the throw a fatty 250GD harddrive on the fourth? is this possible
thanks

First of all you can not run a Raid 0 with 3 hds, because you're striping the drives.

clerification

that wasnt the point and you can run three the fact that your stiping only means that you will go faster because of the third drive it doesnt have to be multiples of 2 but the question is that i want to be able to run some in raid and use the remaing for an independent hard drive that is what i want to know if it is posible

yes that is possible. i don't think you would not throw the fatty in the fourth, it would go on the regular Primary IDE controller.

i think you actually have 2 sata controllers and 2 IDE. 2 devices per controller. use IDE for the fatty

no i am pretty sure they are all on one controller since it is a nForce 2 board and doesnt have native SATA raid
and the reason i want the fatty on the fourth sata is because i want to use as few IDE as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom