SATA help

Status
Not open for further replies.

surion

Baseband Member
Ok i just bought a new 200 gig harddrive the other day and i can get my bios to see it but my raid utilities can... But i dont want to use the harddrive for raid i only want to use it for a harddrive can anyone help me config it so it will work the way i want it to.

If you run Windows XP, then the SATA is always a problem. Windows XP being plu and play still isn't plug and play with SATA as that is relatively new. You will have to boot the computer and run Windows. Check if Windows has detected it which is very unlikely by right clicking on My Computer and then clickng Manage on the menu. This will show you if your hard drive was detect-it will appear in the list as a raw or unformatted. Either case, detected or not, you will have to install the driver. Then that should solve the RAID problem.

ok i have the harddrive installed but its not xp, its my raid controller because i broguht my harddrive to my friends house pluged it in and his bios saw it so i just have to find a way to tell my raid controller to let my bios see the thing but i dunno and i dont want to pay someone $30 to do it for my.

ok now i know how to do it but it wont work lol. Well when i go to install xp i asked me to press F6 to intall drivers well i press F6 and guess what happens nothing so now i need more help

surion,

If your sata drivers are in a CD, copy those drivers to a floppy. When you install XP, pres F6 and it will ask you to install sata controllers. Insert your floppy with the sata drivers in it and install em. Then XP wud proceed to install.

p.s: Disable your IDE drive[BIOS,options,disable ide hdd], if you want to install XP on sata. By default if you have sata and IDE, XP will install only in IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom