sata harddrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4RK GR4YL3N

In Runtime
just making sure... i just bought a 160 gig sata hdd. but installing a sata hdd as your boot disk is the same as installing an ide drive? with ide drives your always supposed to run your boot disk on ide 0, but with sata is there any requirement where your boot disk is connected? and can i still run a optical drive off ide 0?

Hi,
I just instal one few month ago, I don't think it matters! But maybe let someone else to give you a better advice! : )

Treat it as a normal hard drive.

How ever your SATA Channel with be your PRIMARY IDE channel.

you can go into the BIOS settings, and check the boot order, I suggest having your CD ROM as boot first and your hard drive second, so you can put in a CD to reinstall the OS later, and with no bootable CD in it will just go to your hard drive

Putting the boot disk on the primary is the best way to go.

although I have ended up working on a computer that apparently was working with the master HDD as the secondary slave !!!!!

my mobo (well its in the mail) has 3 ide channels and 2 sata. can i boot off the sata and have optical drives set to master on ide0 and ide1? better performance with drives on 2 dif. channels? also will i be able to boot from anyone of them in the bios? btw mobo is a chaintech znf3-150 for athlon 64 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom