SATA drives showing in safely remove hardware tray icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Fully Optimized
Does anyone know how to get rid of that? I don't have my 250GB yet (should be here today), but the 2 80's are in RAID 0 and show up in the remove hardware tray icon.

SATA is hot swappable, so thats reasonable. I cant say I've ever seen that before, but just leave it. It works, right? So why does it matter, I means its not bothering you or anything, is it?

I'm not sure if you can turn that off or not, synergy. They show up there because they are hot-swappable, like Him said. Although you can't disconnect your primary drive, you can readily pop-off your secondaries and attach new ones at will. Which is cool.

I'd be willing to bet you might turn something up if you searched through Microsoft's knowledge-base, though. There's usually tons of unknown tweaks and stuff to find.

Cool...thnx for the replies. It's not really bothering me so I will just leave it. But if I could turn it off that would be nice. If you guys find a way, let me know.

synergy said:
Cool...thnx for the replies. It's not really bothering me so I will just leave it. But if I could turn it off that would be nice. If you guys find a way, let me know.

Yeah, I fully understand. I have 4 SATA's in my case, and they all show up in that list, which can sometimes get nerve wracking when I'm disconnecting stuff too-quickly.

Exactly...that is my concern as well. If it can't be done then oh well, but it would be convenient to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom