sata drive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow9684

In Runtime
i am currently using a wd raptor in a new build but whenever i try to install windows its dumping physical memory and screwing up.

it wasn't working before i set it up as a raid but its only 1 hard disk, could this be the problem? the mobo am using is dfi lanparty nf4 sli skt 939. any ideas?

That kept happening to me when I was Installing XP on my eMAchines. I set my "power thingy" to ACPI or something and it worked.

Shadow9684 said:
it wasn't working before i set it up as a raid but its only 1 hard disk, could this be the problem?

RAID stands for Redundant Array of Interconnected Discs. Pay attention to the Redundant Array and the pluralisation of Disc, meaning there is only one. RAID is only done with 2 or more disc drives.

If it keeps dumping your physical memory, your memory could very well be bad. Tryto swap out the sticks.

when i used it as a single drive windows setup never continued after the computer restarted, tried changing both dimm's and it makes no difference at the moment, its saying cannot load boot summit. cant remember exactly i'll write it down if its important

It is quite important. The only way to accurately diagnose the problem is to know EVERYTHIGN that is happening. All errors, what you are doing, etc...

Have you tired using a different CD?

did you install the sata drivers when you went to install windows? Most people don't know about that.

eh sata drivers... nope lol
would they come with the software for mobo?
the windows installation detects the hdd but then craps out later on...
should raptors format faster than a 7200rpm drive cos this one aint doin it any quicker.

the error keeps changing, the new error is irql not equal or less than. no idea what this means

you will need to check the manufactures site. The drive should have come with a cd? There are drivers on that cd you need to copy to floppy (hehe that rhymes) then when you boot off the windows cd fress F6 and it will look at the floppy with the copy of the drivers on it and all should be good.

If there was no cd then the website should have em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom