SATA Drive Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I just picked up a Western Digital 36.7GB Raptor Drive, and I can't get the darn thing installed. Everytime I try to install Windows XP it just tells me there is no Hard Drive. I also tried installing the SATA/RAID Drivers that came with my Abit KV8 Pro, that did nothing. I looked through the Bios, and I couldn't find anything to do with SATA that would some how make the drive work. Im kind of at a loss, and I can't find anything about it on Abit's site. Anyways my Specs are listed below.

In your bios is there a place that you can choose the boot device order? Dont you have to boot with a floppy when you want to make your os drive a sata drive?

No, your suposed to push F6 when your installing the OS, and it will ask for a disk which has SATA/RAID Drivers on it. But that didn't work. I have been reading some things on the net and they said that you don't need those drivers if your only running one harddrive. But I haven't found any setting in the BIOS that will allow me to just run the one drive. I didn't think it would be this hard.

I have the cable plugged into SATA 1 and then plugged into the drive itself. Then I have The 4-Pin Molex to SATA Power connector, connected to the drive. It can't be this hard can it? I mean I have called 3 local shops and they have yet to tell me how to install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom