SATA drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

danthemgman

Beta member
Does anyone know if they make small capacity SATA drives? I like to run my computer with 2 hard drives. Only windows on the first (which is currently a 10 GB drive) and everything else on the second (which is currently 120 GB). I am thinking of upgrading to SATA but the smallest drive I can find is 40 GB and I can't justify buying a 40 GB drive just for windows. Anyone know where I can find a smaller drive or if they even make them?

40g is the smallest that is made with SATA. Just setup a 10g partition on it and install windows, then use a 30g partition for space. Then when you have to reload, your only touching the 10g of space. Ever think of that?

This can be done with bigger drives too.

no i dont think they would make one sata, sorry ull just have to stay with pata for the small one but ill look into it and get back to u but i dont htink they do

It's a convention that doesn't make any sense to me. The 40 gig Sata drive shouldn't be all that expensive. what happens if the Master is more than 10 gigs? Why that is negative? More disc space is "gooder", so what is the point to the 10 gig master anyway? It always amazes me what people come up with. Now, it used to be that small drives were a little "faster" because disk access was a little less complicated on older 8088 and 8086 machines but that convetion is long gone. Is that what you are thinking? I'm not putting you down but it is very curious thinking to me. Can you explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom