SATA Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdbman66

Baseband Member
I have an SATA Wester Digital 160 G hard drive. The O.S. became corrupted. I tried to install the XP Pro installation disk and reboot to format the drive but I keep getting the message hard drive not detected. How do I format the hard drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

put in the windows disk, and when it asks what partition you would like to do the install on, delete the partition. After that, it should say that it is raw. follow the steps and do a full format just to be safe.

i second that. you just put in the system disk and set the bios to boot from cdrom and then it should work fine.

When you put in the XP disk and it gets to that blue screen you'll notice at the bottom it says "Press F6 to install 3rd party SCSI/RAID drivers." You need to do that, and be paying attention for it to say that and be ready to press F6 because it goes by rather quick. You'll then need to get a floppy with the appropriate SATA drivers and install them when it asks for it. It will then be able to detect your SATA drive inwhich you can format.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have now formatted the drive and everything worked great. This site is excellent and will continue to be so with the thoughtfulness of all the members. Happy Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom