Sapphire Radeon x800 XT PE: Hands down, #1 VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.
She won't notice, unless she deals with bills, then your little plan will have gone to hell...

Wish hardware would hit a plateau!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yan Booth

Thats too risky. If I had the money for a new card immediately, I would attempt it, but if I fried my X800, I would be stuck with something like a 9200SE because of my lack of funds, and I don't want that.

Havoc, i also have the Sapphire X800 XT PE. I just built my system last night. I only played Halo with it. Very smooth game play. Will you be OC your X?

I thought about OC'ing mine just for fun before realizing that it wouldn't do me any good. I don't care if I'm getting 70 fps on max settings instead of 72 fps.

And about softmodding the x800 pro to xt. I have heard this only works with VIVO x800 pro cards and they have to be flashed with a gigabyte bios. I have also heard that it is very tricky and many people have ruined their boards attempting it. I personally would not consider it worth the risk.

I don't believe in all of the hype about AMD processors being better for gaming than Intel
It's not hype..it's fact. Check any benchmarks in games regarding the two flagship processors from both AMD and Intel and the AMD will win hands down. This isn't to say intels CAN"T play games or something because obviously a 3.6GHz EXTREME EDITION!!!! Intel is still going to be able to play games to the point where you won't notice anything..we're talking differences of like...5FPS in some instances.

But the fact is, AMD really is better for gaming ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom