sapphire radeon 9250

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadklu

Solid State Member
I am thinking of purchasing a Sapphire Radeon 9250 256mb 8x agp card, has anybody had any experience using this particilar vid card

that card is like mine and will suck. If you are looking to just play the game with everything turned down, then buy it. I suggest a nvidia 6600GT for 199.99 on newegg if you can afford it.

The 9250 has 4 pipelines and a low core/memory mhz
the 6600GT has 8 pipelines and a 500/1000 memory mhz

Get the 6600GT or the 6800GT. If you have the money get the 6800GT, if you're on a tight small budget, get the 6600GT. Both cards will satisfy you needs.

Wow...he talks about getting a budget card, and the first reply was suggesting the enthusiast targeted 6800GT! :-o If he is talking about getting a budget card, he more than likely isn't a hard core gamer.

It depends on what you are wanting to do Chad. If you are a hard core gamer, do what the guys above suggested and save for a while and get the 6800GT. The 6600GT isn't as good, but is still a solid performer and is about $100-$150 less. If you really want a good budget card, get the Nvidia GeForce 6200, which now has an AGP version. It outperforms the ATI Radeon X600 in many cases, and you will be much happier with it than a Radeon 9200 series card. I would highly suggest buying online, because budget cards from retail stores are complete ripoffs.

Well, considering he mentioned a 9250, which costs about $40, he might not have the cash or the need for a 6800GT. The 9250 is a good low-end card.

I have personally used the 9200, which was pretty good. My 9200 could run Battlefield Vietnam and Need For Speed Underground 2 without any problems. I couldnt run Doom 3, though.

Some people have to realize that not everyone can afford or even need a 6800GT (althought they are great cards).

I'm not a hardcore gamer, not pc gamer anyways, basically I have been pricing these cards as somewhat of an upgrade, currently I am running a 32 meg s3 savage 4 (i know, this is old, i got it as part of a barebones bundle that I purchased a few years back, reliable card though) I am on somewhat of a budget, the main thing i'm trying to find out is peoples experiences using these cards. I am an IT profession, but when I can't find a first hand account of someone using a card, I tend to ask around and see what experiences people had with a particualar product, although I do appreciate the recommendations, as I might decide to go to something that is more higher quality.

Do you need anything that needs more power than the s3 savage? If you don't spend your money on something that will improve your pc in a way that you will notice it.

I recently purchased an HP duel layer lightscribe dvd rw, and the savage s3 doesn't handle the resolution needed for dvd playback, and i'm to the point that i am making small upgrades as i can here and there.

I still recommend the 9200 or 9250 for a case such as yours. I was able to play DVDs without any problems either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom