Sapphire? Does it make any difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubz

Banned
I have been looking online for a good deal on the Radeon 9800 Pro, but I have also ran into many "Sapphire" video cards.

A friend told me that Sapphire is not as good as an ATI made version, so is this true?

Or is Sapphire just as good?
????????????

I am confused! :p

Well, kinda. Here's how it works. ATI sells their chips to other companies such as Sapphire, Asus, MSI, etc.... So then those companies go and make basically the same card as ATI. I would just stick with ATI, but it's up to you. They are more or less the EXACT same thing.

I wouldn't usually take "Home Made Card" i would usually Take from firms like ASUS that give 3 years warranty and usually they are cooler hehe i mean not cold but as in more cool stuff Video In Video Out and stuff ;)

Sapphire make excellent cards;)

And as a side note, ATi sell their own cards under their own name aswell as to vendors, but Nvidia don't they sell only to vendors such as ASUS, MSI and PNY;)

i have a sapphire card and my friend has an ati card. Its the same thing we play the same games and it comes out the same.

CameraMan said:
i have a sapphire card and my friend has an ati card. Its the same thing we play the same games and it comes out the same.

Yeah, your basicly just getting a better Heatsink/fan, a different color PCB and usually free gaming bundles. The 9800 Pro in my avatar is a Hercules;)

Oh :p

Hey Merlin, is that the actual card that you own?

That thing looks AWESOME! (My regular ATI made 9600 XT looks too plain, sniff sniff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom