Samsung RAM.. any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They make some of the best value ram, as well as their TCCD is considered the best ram period.

I cant order the ram I wanted off of newegg. Newegg and my bank dont appear to get along very well... the local computer store has a decent deal on PC3200 ram, but its samsung.. do you think it will suffice for my gaming rig?

What games do you plan on playing? I use 3200 and everything I have runs fine with my kickass video card. Half life 2 and everything will run fine, however, you might want to look into ddr2 mobos and ram.

I dunno, im not a really heavy gamer. I might give Doom3 and HL2 a whorl, but mostly I just like building rigs more than anything. :)

PS. Im also a planetside junkie

Samsung ram will work just fine with doom3 and hl2

Their are only a few differences between the same kind of ram. Ignore DDR2 since that is an intel only thing right now and you are using DDR.

Higher DDR has the ability to run faster with overclocking.
Low end DDR has a CL latency of 3.0 usually. High end DDR ram usually has this at 2.0 or 2.5 In all cases the latency doesnt matter much at all. Makes the slightest peformance increase having it low. Overclockers turn up their CL latency to 3 most of the time anyways.

cas latency and cycle time have little effect on bandwidth. They mainly effect stability.

Nubius said:
cas latency and cycle time have little effect on bandwidth. They mainly effect stability.

But an 80$ or w/e stick of samsung running at PC3200 speed will be just as stable as an 200$ stick running at pc3200 speeds.

What are you talking about? Why ignore DDR2 ram? It is not like DDR ram is gonna get any faster. So why not look out for the future and get something that will not be a piece of crap in a couple years? If he already has a mobo that only supports DDR, then yea fine get DDR, and dont get a new mobo. But if he hasnt yet, I would say get DDR2. It is not like he going to overclock his ram in the first place.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom