Samsung 226BW - Dead Pixel, I think.. it's weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say the card is trashed, and umm you dont need to spend $500 lol. When you buy a card, get XFX or EVGA, as they have lifetime warranty which would come in handy right now. A $220 8800gt will destroy that 7900gtx.

No this card cost me $500 when I bought it new. I hate buying video cards because they are outdated in a few months! I might upgrade only because I get lower performance in HL2 because of the bigger screen. Even though I shouldn't.

No this card cost me $500 when I bought it new. I hate buying video cards because they are outdated in a few months! I might upgrade only because I get lower performance in HL2 because of the bigger screen. Even though I shouldn't.

Well I'm trying to get another 7900 gtx off ebay. If the blue dots go away, then I know what the issue was.

Correct me if I'm wrong: you can mix up any manufacturer's card in SLI, as long as it has the same GPU-- right?

Before you buy a new card... Blow your card out good with some canned air. Reseat it in the slot, and reseat your video cables as well. Reseat your GFX power plug. Also, update your drivers.

Before you go hosing the wallet, always eliminate all the other possibilities.

Well I'm trying to get another 7900 gtx off ebay. If the blue dots go away, then I know what the issue was.

Correct me if I'm wrong: you can mix up any manufacturer's card in SLI, as long as it has the same GPU-- right?

Yes you can....but why would you get another 7900gtx? An 8800gt would be a way better buy, and actually cheaper. An 8800gt will still beat two 7900gtx in sli, and consume way less power/heat.

Yes you can....but why would you get another 7900gtx? An 8800gt would be a way better buy, and actually cheaper. An 8800gt will still beat two 7900gtx in sli, and consume way less power/heat.

True. I was thinking of getting a used 7900 gtx for around $100 on ebay, but 8800gt should support dx10 which would be great also, but it costs around $200. I don't want to spend ANY money on anything because I already spent a lot of money on this computer crap.

MSI was no help, they just said to RMA my motherboard and GPU. And told me not to go near bios because it's for "advanced" users only.

I already cleaned, reseated, and reconnected everything. The fact is, Nvidia and ATI both suck. And computers in general. I had a x800 that all the reviews bragged about when it first came out, and it got poor performance the day I received it. And artifact ****.

That's why I switched to Nvidia.. maybe I'll just stick to a onboard intel chip or something :-\

All the 7900gtx's i saw on ebay were way over $100, which is why i said that. But if you can rma the 7900gtx, go ahead.

All the 7900gtx's i saw on ebay were way over $100, which is why i said that. But if you can rma the 7900gtx, go ahead.

I might RMA it and buy a cheap card for now. I noticed my PC has been freezing, to a complete STOP, forcing a cold boot. It doesn't do it often, but it does it randomly when it feels like it.

Perhaps my card is simply dying, and like I said PCs suck.

Is there anyway I can switch my card to the second PCI Express slot? I don't want to waste time doing in it if it can't be done, but I would like to see maybe my PCI express slot is screwed up.

I might RMA it and buy a cheap card for now. I noticed my PC has been freezing, to a complete STOP, forcing a cold boot. It doesn't do it often, but it does it randomly when it feels like it.

Perhaps my card is simply dying, and like I said PCs suck.

Is there anyway I can switch my card to the second PCI Express slot? I don't want to waste time doing in it if it can't be done, but I would like to see maybe my PCI express slot is screwed up.

This card will do you good

Newegg.com - XFX PVT88SFDF4 GeForce 8800GS 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom