Samsung 205bw Monitor Configuration help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Samsung 205bw Monitor Configuration help

Hi guys. I have had this monitor for a long time but i have never noticed how off the color and black levels are until i compared it to my new laptop.

I admit messing with the color and other settings the monitor came with (Natural Color and MagicTune Premium applications)

The fact is that although the colors look nice and alive, when it comes to dark images my display is useless.. I have seen details on some photos i have (after transferring them on my laptop) that i never got to see on my samsung

So to cut the story short, does anyone know the exact settings i can use to set my monitor to display colors at the best and correct way?

Thanks guys

Old 09-07-2008, 05:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Samsung 205bw Monitor Configuration help

There are lots of websites that have images and techniques that will help you tune your monitor, they are kind of a pain but it's better than nothing. I have the same monitor and even though I'm not sure it will be the same with your setup these are my current settings:

Brightness: 100
Contrast: 90
Magic Color: Off
Color Tone: Custom
Color Control:
-Green: 25
-Blue: 11
Gamma: Mode 1

And thats at a 1280 x 768 res. with a 60Hz RR
Life's just a waiting room so get comfortable and wait for your name to be called.
Closed Thread