Saitek II...any opinions? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 02:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to monagi
Default Saitek II...any opinions?

Trying to get my keyboard and mouse setup for new rig. Already have a Mx518 mouse (love it). As far as keyboards go, I decided against the g-15 due to the fact that I don't care for most of the extra features it offers, plus its too bulky.

So right now I am thinking the Saitek II is my best bet. Love the laser etched backlit keys, perfect for when my room is dark. I hear the keys rub off pretty easy, but I can stop that from happening no problem. Anyone have some input on it? Thanks!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: Saitek II...any opinions?

i use it...good
as for rubbing off...I would assume only if you are a nasty type person...the kind that eats pizza/fried chicken/various other greasy foods....gets grease on their fingers and doesn't wipe off...and types away.

*looks around*

nice aesthetics and design. Good heft to the kb and tactile response from keys seems perfect to me.
lol

Old 01-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

i love it. i use it for fps like halopc, cod4, cs:s, dod:s, hl:dm, and mmorpg's like wow and i love it. i've had mine since christmas and i use it prolly 3-4 hours everyday whether it be typing for school work or playing games, and it holds up awesomely. definitely recommend it.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to monagi

Well good times then. I'm convinced! As for protecting the keys, I am going to put on a layer of clear nail polish to protect them. Can't tell that its on there, and it protects them very well
Old 01-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by monagi View Post
Well good times then. I'm convinced! As for protecting the keys, I am going to put on a layer of clear nail polish to protect them. Can't tell that its on there, and it protects them very well
I'll be picking it up in a fwe weeks but i don't think the keys are gona rub off so bad that u need to put nail polish on them. even if they do i wouldn't put nail polish on them.
Server: Core i7 920 | 8GB RAM | Intel 240gb 730 SSD Boot | 3 x 2TB WD RED | Fractal R4
Old 01-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I've had mine for a couple of months on daily use and I haven't noticed any sort of rubbing off on the keys.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Techie

I've been using mine for over a year and my keys still look like new. Even my wasd keys which get the most still look fine.

Closed Thread