safemode bios - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2005, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default safemode bios

two problems were keeping my pc from booting. a bad keyboard and a bad video card. i am trying to get this pc going as a second pc. when i replaced the keyboard and took the video card out it booted up, but will only boot in safe mode. if i try to go to normal i get a message to restart. it says its a windows protection error. then you can boot up in safe mode. the problem is when the desk top comes up you can't do anything because its in safe mode and when you go to device manager or anywhere else it won't show anything you want to know because its in safe mode. i know somethings wrong with hardware , settings or configuration but i don't know what to do. i've been through the bios and everyhing seems o. as far as i can tell.

Old 01-03-2005, 07:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

i thought safemode is a windows feature not a BIOS feature

Old 01-03-2005, 07:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Theres a setting in the BIOS to return to the safe settings - ie defaults for your hardware.

If i were you I would try a windows reinstall first and if that doesn't help I'd start swapping out componants into other PCs to find out whats going wrong.
Closed Thread