S3 Savage IX 8MB and Everquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

snatzie

Beta member
Ok... I know that I am pushing the limits on this hardware, but I am trying to run Everquest on my laptop and started having wierd behavior.

By using in-game options I can strip the game down well enough that it runs ok on the laptop. In fact, I can play very effectively in the majority of the game.

However, a new expansion just came out that adds new places to go. In these new zones, it seems as if the clipping plane is not working. If I set it to 1% through 100% it behaves as if it is set to 0%. So it seems like everthing is a being viewed through a thick fog. The HUD is fine. I am actually able to play and, though pretty much blind, was able to make myself useful to my team and we got through the adventure. It was bad enough that I won't do it again though unless its fixed.

I have updated the BIOS, the video driver and the sound driver.

In everyone's opinion: is this a bug... a driver problem... or did I just finally run out of graphics memory?

I am running Windows XP Professional an IBM Thinkpad T22 700mhz with about 256mb main memory. I have administrator rights and I shutdown as much as I can before I launch the game.

S

Oh... and Sony won't give me their opinion since the S3 Savage since it isn't on the approved devices list... but it has been working for years.

I know I am trying to squeeze a lot out of this box, but I can't replace this laptop at this time and would like to use it to visit these new zones.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom