s-video not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
My computer is connected to my tv by s-video through a s-video to RCA adapter. And my computer won't detect it, I tried restarting the computer. All the connections are fine.

You usually have to configure the multi display settings through control panel and display settings.

yeah you gotta right click desktop, go to properties over to the settings tab, then ADVANCED, and within there is generally a 'displays' kind of tab or setting that you gotta choose to 'turn on the tv' in a sense...it's not going to be like a computer monitor where you just plug it in and bam it's on

OK before I went and did that, I decided maybe the drivers weren't latest. So I go to the site to download the latest driver, then I uninstalled the previous driver, and installed the latest. When I restarted it, the Found New Hardware update popped up, but I just installed the drivers. I uninstalled again and reinstalled the driver, and the same thing happened.

Found what new hardware? GPU? If it's not affecting your performance, then what's the prob? It will only pop up once.

OK, forget it, all i did was reformat, and everything is fine, and the s-video is fine. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom