s-video

Status
Not open for further replies.

novikane

Beta member
I just hooked my laptop up to my tv using an s-video cable and it works, but there's next to no clarity. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could get a clearer picture. I've heard that the cable itself can be a big factor, but I don't want to run out and get one unless I know it's going to make a difference. Any help would be appreciated.

What videocard is in that laptop? Are you running dual displays? or are you just displaying your desktop to TV? If you are trying to use a TV as a means to view your desktop and surf and stuff, forget about it. TV's won't give you any clarity for a number of reasons. If you just want to use it to run videos and movies on, it's perfect. Anything else, is terrible...

Try playing around with your display settings. Also a TV's refresh rate isn't that good / compared to a monitor.

HAVOC2k5 said:
What videocard is in that laptop? Are you running dual displays? or are you just displaying your desktop to TV? If you are trying to use a TV as a means to view your desktop and surf and stuff, forget about it. TV's won't give you any clarity for a number of reasons. If you just want to use it to run videos and movies on, it's perfect. Anything else, is terrible...

Try playing around with your display settings. Also a TV's refresh rate isn't that good / compared to a monitor.

or he can go buy one of those new fancy 5000$ hdtvs that support 800x600 and run on windows ce.. Theres nothing more amusing than seeing your TV blue screen.

I've got a radeon 9700 in the laptop, the cable is 6 feet long, and I'm just cloning my desktop onto the TV. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom