s-video

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
I know this may sound stupid, but I have the ati radeon 9200 and it has 3 outputs, one to my monitor, an s-video and regular rca. I want to hook up 2 monitors, will i have to get an s-video to reg monitor adapter? When I go to display properties it is apparent that the vid card has the option for 2 monitors.

well you could get an adapter, its pretty much the easiest way, however, you could also just hook the s-video into a tv and use that as a second monitor. But its up to you

It is very possible to run two screens via the Radeon. Use one screen on the standard port, and the other on the Digital-Out. If you do not have a convertor for the Digital-Out (should have come with the Radeon) then you may want to look into getting one from ATi. The reason I recommened from ATi is because their cards are often fussy about convertors.

although he has the ports, i believe radeon only started handing out adapters to the 9600+ cards, however as agex stated, you could acquire one easily from ati or a computer store im sure.

KreleanX said:
however as agex stated, you could acquire one easily from ati or a computer store im sure.

Yep - However, I had a hard time finding them in stores (ones that actually worked with ATi) - So I had to order from them. It was only five bucks. :rolleyes:

I suppose you could get something like this:

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/SKU.asp?BCFlag=False&PageType=1&SKU=IM1762120

I just did a quick search on 'VGA Splitter' and that was like one of the first things I clicked on, so do more research and you might be able to find something like that for cheap. but hey $60 really isn't too bad either, and I think that thing will allow you to display up to like 4 monitors at once. It might not be at all what you're looking for though. Sorry if its not, my minds somewhere else right now =P

EDIT: Forgot to mention, with that splitter you can use your normal VGA connectors instead of having to insure you got one normal vga connected monitor and one digital or one s-video and like they said, s-video is for displaying on your TV so I doubt you'd want that and also like they said most of the newer cards come with an adapter to plug a VGA monitor into the DVI connection.

Nubius, that would work peeeerfect! now finding it at a cheaper price.

hehehe finding it for a cheaper price is your job not mine. I was just pointing you in the right direction.....in the wise words of Morpheus...I can only show you the door...you have to open it...or some wise junk like that =P

Only a quick look at your post so you may already have this solution. I always go to manufacture; system &subsystems. ATI offers DVI to VGA adaptor for their 9600 series for $5.00 for the purpose of running 2 VGA moniters or 2 DVI.

thanks people, appreciate the input....right now it comes down to $$$ cuz w/$1100 worth of bills a month i am a bit limited. ahhh, damn responsibilities....gotta set my priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom