S.m.s. (save My System!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

katsumoto

Baseband Member
Okay, remember me? The guy who fried his motherboard last time? Now I've got another problem with another motherboard. It's a Mach Speed MZ-694TAS socket 370 m/b. So I just had it shipped to me yesterday, put it in my case the way I was supposed to, connected the power supply, connected the IDE cables, put in the processor, the RAM, the PCI cards, the video card (a flimsy ATI RADEON 7200 which has always worked before), connected all of the LED jumpers and stuff the way the manual wanted, connected the USB jumpers, and then I turned it on. It turns on, you can hear the fans spinning, the fan on the VGA is spinning, the hard drive is whining, but my screen stays black and a beep doesn't sound from the speaker inside the case. I'm thinking I may have messed it up because the first few times I turned it on, I switched the power supply to supply 230v insead of 115v and I haven't installed a heatsink or cooling fan for the processor (pentium III 1Ghz). Did I do something wrong?

Check your ram (take it out and pit it back in)
Do you have a direct cpu fan?if not you fried the processor
check all cables again

Yeah, it could be the RAM or something else. My comp did that to me, only it was my HD, when I started it up for the first time: the fans were spinning, nothing was happening, so I checked the cables and the IDE cable to the HD, and they were lose, so I tightened them up and it worked after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom