S C A N N 3 R

Status
Not open for further replies.

brady

S e c u r e d
Ok people, Im a scanner noobie.

We have a "not so good" scanner here at work to scan faxes and copies into PDFs. This thing is no good and I am wondering If anyone out there in interweb land knows of a decent scanner that wont cost me an arm and a leg...

We dont usually scan color photos. We usually scan text only that may have a black and white graph in it but usually just text.

Any good suggestions will be appreciated.

What about film negative scanners? I want to buy a scanner to put all of my photo negatives onto my computer without having say, Wal Mart do it for me. Its just that the quality of the image i've heard is much much better with a scanner than if i have a store put it onto a CD for me.

Negative photo scanner are usually crappy, I dont know if there are any good ones out there with good results....
The kodak ones are pretty good.....
Look for one that came off a 1-hour photo machine....
They are automated......so you can pop in a whole roll......
They can go for anywhere between 1-3 thousand dollars.....
As i said, they are automated, so you should really be kicking yourself if you have cut portions of negative, because this thing does a roll at high resoltion in a computer minute....

Also, if you want much better results than that....i suggest investing in a drum scanner.
This will give you a very, very high resoltion but comes with a $10000+ price tag....

Usually regular scanners dont do $hit for negatives.....
The problem lies in the appearance of grain lines from the film.....
Kodak has mastered this, and a couple japanese companies have done this too....with techs like Digital ICE to focus out film grain...

On a drum scanner, you use a special fluid to attach the negatives to the drum which almost completly fills in the grain of the negatives......
The drum scanner uses a laser and a cathode instead of a CCD and florescent light. The slower the drum spins, the higher the resolution, the better the quality.....

Good tabletop negative scanner...i guess....would use multiple colors to scan the film and combine the scans to produce color accurate scans with no grain....

Negative scanning is no picknick....
I recommend a professional Kodak 3750 Plus....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom