run a dll as an app.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

archeon

Beta member
Hello,
In properties-display-advanced, when I try to access my card cards adavanced properties for FSAA, D3D etc etc, I get the following error msg,

"Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: rundll32.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.0 ModName: nvcpl.dll
ModVer: 6.14.10.4523 Offset: 000b9c90"

Here are my spec's:

AMD AthlonXP 2500+
512mb ddr400
Aopen Geforce4 ti4600
Windows XP pro

The problem has only started occuring recently, so I would assume that it software related, and re-installing the cards drivers are not helping matters, any help would most appreciated, thanks.

Just a few questions/suggestions for you to contemplate... :)

Have you done a complete uninstall of the drivers first so that you can make a "clean" install of the drivers? I have found that this can make a difference.

Also, it might be prudent to make sure you have the latest DirectX from MS.

If possible, when you obtain Xp drivers for your vid card, use a ".exe" file as opposed to a zip. I've found this makes a difference too after installing a similar card on a friend's system :)

I'm no expert but I found this worked for me :) Good luck :)

problem solved

All it took was a full driver wipe and re-install, however it didn't go smoothly, 2 be honest I'm suprised it worked, but everything seems to be fine, thanks very much to those who shared their words of wisdom, perhaps one day I might get the oppertunity to repay the favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom