Router OUT after a Thunderstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Ok all, just want to get some feedback on what I already THINK I know. Using a Linksys Router BEFSR41. HAd a thunderstorm this afternoon, a bit of a power surge, not enough to even reboot the PC's but net connection went down. Immediately the red diagnostic light came on the router. After resetting the router, and disconnecting all cables and reconnecting them I am still unable to get it to work. I CANNOT access the router via the start/run menu or web brower. I held the reset button down via a paper clip for over 2 minutes and can't get anything. Shut off router and tried to reset it while powered off, nothing. POwered off all equipment for 30 minutes, still nothing. Using just my DSL modem I was able to setup a new connection just to get back on the internet, but the router seems unresponsive. I'm using a nice heavy duty power surge protector, dropped about $90 on it. Like I said, not even enough of a power fluctuation to reboot the two computers. Any ideas??? Should I dig a hole and toss her in it??? I'm clueless at this point and really could use some suggestions before I go out and buy another one. Need more information, just ask! Thanks all.

Just replying to my own message to say that after contacting Linksys they said 100% if you have a power outage and the red diag light will NOT go off even after resetting the router, it's dead. IF under warranty they will take care of it, but since mine was NOT under warranty it's nothing more then a paper weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom