Router Configuration For Remote Access

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have tried to connect at 9:10AM but than i remembered you are 16 hours ahead of me so it was 1AM where you are at, oops. i will retry at 8PM my time which is 12:00PM your time (noon)

i will keep trying after that today. if you have a convenient time let me know and i will do my best to try to connect at that time. you will see a box pop up that says someone is trying to connect to you, hit accept when that happens.

we may have a problem, maloner maybe you need to disable your firewalls including zonealarm and winXP's firewall. i tried at 8:15PM and it says it cannot find host. i will keep trying to connect

Sorry, ekÆsine. The firewall on the Host and Client computers are now disabled.
Could the router be an issue ?

I should have added, I've created ekAEsine as a new user on the Host machine with Administrator Privileges, if that's any help to you, ekÆsine.

Uh oh, I thought you were in for a while there, ekÆsine.
Something "else" happen ? :)

no it is not neccessary to make me a user on your machine for us to get remote assistance to work. the only thing i can think of is that the firewall is blocking me from accessing you or the file is no good. there is also no reason to adjust the router.

check your firewall for messages, see if you can spot a error that says someone attempted to connect to you at 12:15- 12:25 PM your time. that would mean it was me and your firewall is interfering.

maloner send me another invitation to me, maybe this one is not working, i tried again at 10:45pm here still no luck.

Zone Alarm Pro Firewall Logs :
2003/11/07 20:40:36+8:00 GMT, New Program, Microsoft Remote Desktop Help Session Manager, Destination IP 192.168.0.1:1900, Direction Outgoing (connect), Action Taken Allowed (once)

2003/11/07 20:41:42+8:00 GMT, Repeat Program, Microsoft Remote Desktop Help Session Manager, Destination IP 255.255.255.255:2234, Direction Outgoing (connect), Action Taken Allowed

That looks like they're the attempts made by yourself, but ity looks as though the Zone Alarm firewall has allowed the attempts, doesn't it ?
I do not have the WinXP Firewall running at all.
I will send you the other request (duh ! Silly me ! You asked for two in the first place) and perhaps, if it's going to be convenient to you, we could try again same time tomorrow.
Ok with you ?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom