Rosewill Nvidia 5500 cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galadar

Solid State Member
hey people i got a mean question up in my head.
if you go to Newegg's rosewill 5500 you will find two rosewill cards,one 80 and one 90. saying the exact samething except for the 90saying 2048X1536@85Hz. and the 80saying 2048X1536@60Hz.
im thinking of getting the 80 since i dont go on max res.
i dont know how much of a difference this will do when i play everquest2. so any help would be appreciated.

rosewill? whats that? as ur link isnt working.

as if its graphic card, or even TFT monitor, then must be home made (like name shows) sont spend money on something that makes u cry afterwards, spend some extra bucks.

rosewill is a good card, it's no eVGA or an ASUS though. i would also spend the extra bucks and get a better brand. Also, if your monitor does not support 80hz, then the 90 dollar card would be a waste. Find out what's a good frequency for your monitor first, then decide.

Quote: Myself two posts up "rosewill is a good card" but "i would spend the money to get a better brand"

I didn't say it was a bad card, it's good, my builder swears by rosewill, but i opted for ASUS components cause that's just how I am. I haven't heard much about rosewill, as they are a relatively unknown comany, that's why I would get a more reputable brand, like eVGA or ASUS.

yeah I would suggest eVGA over ASUS. Personally I think ASUS has gone to crap and their tech support is horrible. See if you can't get a 5700 card because those have a good amount of performance over the 5500's (read a lot into it when searching for my 5700) Or you could get the ATI Equivelant which should outperform the nvidia FX series, but you'd need an ATI advocate to suggest to you which one would be good for your needs since I've only ever used Nvidia :D

I've heard that in that range of cards, the ATI's will be better than nVidia cards, there are many threads on the subject, but, like Nubius, I'm a nVidia guy. Also, I do agree with Nubius, try to get at least a 5700 or equivalent.

One more thing, since I have ASUS products, I have delt with their tech-support, and after two weeks later, I have not heard a reply from ASUS regarding my problem, although, I did fix the problem myself anyways. LOL

One more thing, since I have ASUS products, I have delt with their tech-support, and after two weeks later, I have not heard a reply from ASUS regarding my problem, although, I did fix the problem myself anyways. LOL
Yeah i've been telling people that for a while now, ASUS sucks...ESPECIALLY tech support, they are doubley horrible with that...hehe doubley..

I've heard that in that range of cards, the ATI's will be better than nVidia cards, there are many threads on the subject

Yeah I believe it's a known 'fact' that the ATI equivelant of the FX series of Geforce cards are superior. Kangaroo posted a chart one time of scores of the leading cards in aquamark and the 9800Pro was ontop. But ehh...at the time going from gf2 to a FX5700 was quite the leap for me and I didn't know half as much as I do now =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom