Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

princess1

Beta member
hi,

i have just installed roller coaster tycoon 3 and it will not run. I have direct x 9.0.

i think everything is installed. Does anyone have the same problem and if so how do you solve it.

also it's a stupid question but i was told to download this folder off the internet and install it. How? this was supposes to fix it.

it's downloaded but what parts do i install and how. Microsoft were not very clear.

any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks,
Katie

ps the graphics driver is something like sis 630 if that helps.

Hi Katie,
Welcome to the group. I think your main problem of why RCT 3 won't run is mainly due to the fact that you have SIS graphics. RCT requires a pretty decent graphics card for it to run and onboard will just not cut it.

I have SIS graphics on my laptop and tried installing it but I got exactly the same problem yet it runs fine on my desktop pc with a 6800GT installed.

Hope this helps but another thing to try would be to go to the official RCT website and have a browse through their forums to see if anyone else is having the same problem. You never know, someone might no what to do :)

What 24/7 Gamer said is true.

SiS graphics cards are very underpowered and will probably not even play the lowest of 3d games.

If your other PC specifications are OK, you can buy a new video card (Preferably 9600 XT or 9800 PRO) and you will be able to run the game just fine.

Good luck man, I was there once, too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom