RMAs in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
I know some companies charge you some sort of fee for RMAs, be it processing fee or return shipping, doesn't matter.

I know Sapphire wants $15 from Trotter's thread.
I got the card packed up and sent off with the $15 for return postage and handling

I've RMA'ed some Crucial Ballistix before, no fee
and an OCZ SD memory card, no fee

anyone else got any experience?

EDIT: can a mod change title to RMA in general?

Got the title.

The $15 was for shipping and handling. My RMA was handled by a third party, not Sapphire, so it may be different going through them. My card was already out of production, so it went through a service center.

RMAíng my Sapphire 4830.

Don't know exactly what happened. But its been getting SUPER low FPS lately. So I m RMAing it.

Lucky for me, my other 4830 will keep me company while my other one is RMA'd.

I worked for a high end retailer, serving mostly corporations. Yes, RMAs charge a fee. BUT, the warehouses that we dealt with, didn't charge us RMAs.

But see what's involved.

We'd pick up the product back from customer.
To return to to warehouse we'd drive the product there.

Of course, sometimes customers would bring the product back to us, we'd still charge RMA fee. It's a rip off, that's all it is. Most a person should be charged is $4.80 for return shipping via Priority Mail 1 lb.

They justify this fee by saying our rep has to process RMA. Which is basically saying their employee, who is already paid, has to enter information into computer, and put product back on the shelf. How much do you think this could cost at most? Perhaps $2? We charged 30% :freak:

RMA fee = rip off. Try to rip the back off in some way to keep the balance, ying yang.

depends on the company (and usually how much money you have spent with them).
my evga RMAs i had to pay shipping of defective product to them. with newegg they will email me a label for the postage to them, usually no matter what the reason i am RMAing the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom