Rma Nightmare Please Help Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessehclark

Baseband Member
This is my second RMA for my asus board. I have to admit, i was asking for it by buying an open box mobo. the first one had a bad cpu temp sensor that caused the board to think it was getting too hot when it wasnt, and reporting idle temps of 55c. so, i sent it in. the second one that they sent seems to have a voltage regulator issue, it would shut down randomly during start up (forget getting into windows). so, after they helped me destroy my bios and sent me through **** to get a new bios chip (which didnt end up working) they had me send in that board too.

I did, on the 21st of february. despite the advance/replace thing (they ship out when i ship out), they didnt get me my new board until friday the 2nd of march.

I go to put everything together and... no CPU! I cant find it anywhere. I have searched every square inch of my room. I can't find it. I'm thinking maybe i sent it in with the board by mistake.

Does anyone know what happens if you do that? What do they do with parts sent in by mistake- can you get them back? 8,.^(

Ouch, that really stinks. I don't know if they will do that... if you think you MIGHT have done that, call them up to let them know ASAP, otherwise it might slip into someone's pocket if you know what I mean...

Did you ask them if they shipped you a NEW board, or a Refurb?

called asus

yea, ouch...

i noticed friday afternoon, but rma dept was already closed. i called tech support but they said they can't do anything, so i have to wait until monday morning.

apparently they ship refurbs for rma's until the third time... then if you ask they send you a new one, i think.

*sigh* lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom